Things I have learnt since embarking on my running plan on 3rd January 2017:
I love the feeling I get when I run, yes, sometimes it is hard work, but the endorphin rush post-run is great. I have the chance to get faster and stronger and I’m going to work my hardest to be in the best shape possible. Alcohol really does make a difference – and not in a good way (sorry for anyone hoping it was the fuel we need for a run!)
Now for some figures:
- 75 miles covered
- 771 minutes on my feet (that’s only running, not including any walking!)
- 5 runs saw me go over the 5 mile mark
- 3 weeks of 4 sessions, 1 week with 3 sessions
- 3 hours of pilates
- 1 photo per day
- 1 video clip per run
- 1 indoor treadmill session (didn’t go so well, so outdoor is best)
- 1 new head torch purchased
- 1 pair of winter running tights purchased (Ronhill winter leggings)
To commemorate my January training runs, varying in temperature, pace, time of day and distance, I have made a video. I would add it here, but I can’t, so you’ll have to look at my Facebook page.
I know that marathon training takes time and I am prepared for this to take over my life for the next couple of months. Both distance and time on my feet will increase. I hope to bring you a round up at the end of each month.
Please visit my fundraising page and give me some extra motivation for February running!